With 60% of enterprise data now stored in the Cloud, and companies around the world turning to Cloud solutions to manage their data, many are finding that general-purpose Cloud platforms are not always able to meet the specific needs of their industry. They must then turn to an Industry Cloud Platform.
In this article, find out everything you need to know about Industry Cloud Platforms.
All industries have specific requirements for managing and securing their data. Industry Cloud Platforms are Cloud platforms designed to meet the specific requirements of a given industry or sector.
Unlike general-purpose Cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure, Industry Cloud Platforms offer features and services tailored to industries such as healthcare, finance, logistics, retail, energy, agriculture, and many others. The popularity of these platforms continues to grow.
According to Gartner, nearly 40% of companies have already considered adopting an Industry Cloud Platform. 15% of them are already engaged in a pilot project. Even better, about 15% more are considering deployment by 2026. As a result, Gartner predicts that by 2027, companies will use Industry Cloud Platforms to accelerate more than 50% of their critical business initiatives, up from less than 10% in 2021!
How does an Industry Cloud Platform work?
Industry Cloud Platforms provide robust and scalable cloud infrastructure, along with features and services that are ideally suited to the specific needs of companies in each industry. This can include features such as data analytics tools, supply chain management platforms, industry-specific security solutions, and custom business applications.
Industry Cloud Platforms can help companies improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and innovate faster by providing easy access to specialized cloud services for their industry. In addition, these platforms can help companies better manage risk and comply with industry-specific regulations.
What are the advantages and benefits of Industry Cloud Platforms?
Using a specialized Industry Cloud Platform for your sector provides you with data analysis tools and customized business applications. The primary benefit of being able to rely on tailored tools and services is that you gain operational efficiency and productivity.
But that’s not all; Industry Cloud Platforms help reduce the cost of purchasing, maintaining, and upgrading your IT infrastructure by taking an industry-specific approach. The “hyper-specialization” of these Cloud Platforms and the services they contain means that you only have the solutions you really need, and you don’t have to invest in expensive infrastructure that you rarely use to its full potential. This is a “best of need” rather than a “best of breed” perspective.
Moreover, since Industry Cloud Platforms are designed to be scalable and flexible, they will enable you to adapt quickly to the growth of your business. You can easily add or remove Cloud resources as needed to quickly adapt to market fluctuations.
Finally, the use of an Industry Cloud platform increases your capacity to innovate by giving you access to data analysis technologies, adapted to your activity.
Examples of Industry Cloud Platforms for different industries
There are many major players in the Industry Cloud Platforms market, each offering specific solutions and services for a particular industry or sector. Here are some examples of major players:
- Salesforce is one of the leading Industry Cloud Platform players in the sales and marketing industries, with its Salesforce Customer 360 platform.
- Microsoft offers a range of cloud solutions for different industries, such as Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations for the finance and manufacturing sector, and Azure IoT Suite for the Internet of Things.
- IBM is positioning itself in this market segment with a dedicated cloud platform for several industries, including healthcare, financial services, and supply chain, with its Watson Health, IBM Cloud for Financial Services, and IBM Sterling Supply Chain Suite solutions.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a range of cloud services for different industries, including AWS Healthcare for healthcare and AWS Retail for retail. These offerings are distinct from Amazon Web Services’ general-purpose offerings.
- SAP has developed a cloud platform for several industries, including manufacturing, retail, financial services, and healthcare, with its SAP S/4HANA, SAP Commerce Cloud, and SAP Health solutions.
Unlock the value of your enterprise data by connecting your Industry Cloud Platform to Zeenea
Our integrated scanners and APIs automatically collect, consolidate, and connect metadata from your data ecosystem so your users can discover, trust, and understand their data.
For more information about our data discovery platform and its connectivity: